Resonance

• Topic Is Sticky
  • 1.4K Views
  • Last Post 09 September 2017
Chris posted this 10 July 2017

The definition of Resonance is: Dictionary.com

1. The state or quality of being resonant.
  2. The prolongation of sound by reflection; reverberation.
  3. Phonetics.
    • amplification of the range of audibility of any source of speech sounds, especially of phonation, by various couplings of the cavities of the mouth, nose, sinuses, larynx, pharynx, and upper thorax, and, to some extent, by the skeletal structure of the head and upper chest.
    • the distribution of amplitudes among interrelated cavities in the head, chest, and throat that are characteristic for a particular speech sound and relatively independent of variations in pitch.

4. Physics.
    • The state of a system in which an abnormally large vibration is produced in response to an external stimulus, occurring when the frequency of the stimulus is the same, or nearly the same, as the natural vibration frequency of the system.
    • the vibration produced in such a state.
    • a hadron with a very short lifetime, of the order of 10 −23sec.
    •  
  5. Electricity. that condition of a circuit with respect to a given frequency or the like in which the net reactance is zero and the current flow a maximum.

6. Also called mesomerism. Chemistry. the condition exhibited by a molecule when the actual arrangement of its valence electrons is intermediate between two or more arrangements having nearly the same energy, and the positions of the atomic nuclei are identical.

7. Medicine/Medical. (in percussing for diagnostic purposes) a sound produced when air is present.

But, if you look further down the page:

Resonance   (rěz'ə-nəns)

Oscillation induced in a physical system when it is affected by another system that is itself oscillating at the right frequency. For example, a swing will swing to greater heights if each consecutive push on it is timed to be in rhythm with the initial swing. Radios are tuned to pick up one radio frequency rather than another using a resonant circuit that resonates strongly with the incoming signal at only a narrow band of frequencies. The soundboards of musical instruments, contrastingly, are designed to resonate with a large range of frequencies produced by the instrument. See also harmonic motion. 

Seems vague at most. Some hints, but no real definition. Perhaps the best words used are: Natural Vibration

Resonance is the most Efficient Way to bring about a Natural Vibration - Minimum Input and Maximum Output, the Maximum Q Factor achievable.

This does not always mean LC Resonance! There are many types of Resonance! Electron Spin Resonance is an example of another type of Resonance. Mechanical Resonance, Nikola Tesla's Earthquake Machine

So Resonance, is an art-form, the ability to break a glass with a singing voice:

*** I think it is really important to note: We want Electrons inside the Insulated Copper Wire to move, so we use Resonances, ESR, Wave Propagation, any other Resonance to efficiently make Electrons Move:

Floyd Sweet wrote:

Resonance frequencies may be maintained quite constant at high power levels so long as the load remains constant. We are all familiar with AM and FM propagation, where in the case as AM, the voltage amplitude varies, and with FM, the frequency is modulated.

However, the output power sees a constant load impedance, that of the matched antenna system. If this changes, the input to the antenna is mismatched, and standing waves are generated resulting in a loss of power. The frequency is a forced response and remains constant. Power is lost and efficiency becomes less and less, depending on the degree of mismatch.

NOTE: Antenna's are Current based Devices (Electric Field) - The Standing Wave mentioned in the above Video and Quote is a Standing Wave of Current, Not the Magnetic Field. Please don't confuse this Standing Wave with the Magnetic Standing Wave, Each are 90 Degrees from each other:

Also wrote about ESR:

Referring to the Jensen machine stated: natural magnetic resonance freq = 2.80GHz the nuclear magnetic resonance of a free electron when charges in magnetic states are induced by magnetic field the changes in states causes a condition called electron paramagnetic resonance, or EPR. The EPR of a free electron is 2.80 H MC. Where H is in gauss. This should be the initial state of the defining mathematical format.

I have been told, Wave propagation Theory is not Complete, it is not 100% Correct. But, it certainly has bought us a long way in the last Decades we have used it. Some of my friends disagree with my evidence here. So beware, there maybe some possible doors to be opened here.

NOTE: This is only Part One of a Three Part Storey, we need to Use Electromagnetic Induction to complete the Storey!

• Liked by
  • Wistiti
  • ISLab
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Chris posted this 11 July 2017

I should say: Resonance is a Catalyst for, and not the Cause of what we are looking for.

For example: The reason Bucking Coils as has been known for so many Years, are not already known the Inductive characteristics we know them for is the Phasing of the Currents and the lack of ability to drive them efficiently!

Key word: Drive

We do not drive the Coils, the are merely Regulated by the Input Signal. The Input is merely an Excitation as has been pointed out by Floyd Sweet!

The Input is to specifically start a Flow of Electrons Flowing, the Frequency will be determined by the Input, in most cases, and the Input will keep this regulation going.

Turn off the Input, then the System will stop in most cases.

What we do know:

• Current must be Flowing!
  • Magnetic Fields must Oppose on the Two Secondaries!!!
  • Input is not affected by the Output - A Lenz Law Free Input - One Secondary Coil Aids the Input, one Against it.
        Note: Lenz's Law is real and valid, it is present in the System, it is a requirement! With out Lenz's Law these devices would not work!
  • The Input Regulates the System, it does not Drive it.
  • Electromagnetic Induction Principles apply! This is a Solid State Generator! The two Secondaries have Magnetic Fields Changing in time!
  • Some Cores are Slugs! See below for some reasons.
  • A Resonance is required. Minimise the Input and Maximise the Output - High Q Factor
        Note: Resonance can be ESR, Wave Propagation, or any other Resonance that can be configured to allow Both Output Coils to Oppose and not affect the Input. DC Switching can also be employed in several configurations. E.G: Tinmans RT, Graham Gundersons MIT
  • The Right Hand Grip Rule is King! Use it, to show you what polarity the Fields/Current are.

Wistiti, do you have any more to add?

Why are some Cores Slugs?

Credit: Raselli1

Raselli1's Channel is one of my favourites! He shows the importance of thinking simple! Doing Simple Experiments! Understanding Simple things properly. He is a master of his work!

What are we looking for? A method of Exciting Bucking Coils, Partnered Output Coils, so the Fields Oppose, They act as an Electromagnetic "Generator" but Solid State, no moving parts:

The methods above do what we are looking for, but its tricky, it is a grey area and still a lot of work is needed.

Chris

• Liked by
  • ISLab
Zanzal posted this 22 July 2017

I've made an observation that might just be obvious or well known to others, but resonance in pulsed DC systems can be duty cycle dependent. This can be observed by tuning a circuit to resonance, then adjusting only the duty cycle. There appeared to be duty cycle sweet spots, 12.5, 25, and 50%. Power consumption was often the same when at or near these sweet spots, changing significantly only when moving up to the next one. For example, very little change in current when going from 11 to 14%. For pulsed DC a duty cycle of 25% may correlate to the 1/4 wavelength Chris has talked about.

• Liked by
  • Chris
  • ISLab
Chris posted this 22 July 2017

Hi Zanzal, an Excellent observation. In some systems, there is a period of On Time, that works best, a type of resonance as you say.

In my path to discovery, and experimenting with Coils and their Magnetic Fields, I posted this to overunity.com under the username EMJunkie, I also used hyiq.

http://overunity.com/14378/akula0083-30-watt-self-running-generator/msg398308/#msg398308

That was way back on April 17, 2014. wow time flies!  Yes youre right, there is a Time, where your Input can do usefull work, after than, it is just wasted Power. My Duty Cycle/On Time was around 8%. I saw interesting things around this Duty Cycle for this Frequency.

As yopu say, this is typically a DC Pulsed System thing, not always necessary in all Systems!

Chris

• Liked by
  • ISLab
alohalaoha posted this 23 July 2017

Chris posted this 30 July 2017

Some years back: 29.11.2015 I did an experiment. It was very interesting. The layout:

Very simple, but also very effective. With no Earth lead I could not make this work, with an Earth lead, I found a resonance at a very unusual frequency! in my setup I found at around 1208Hz, my Input went nearly to Zero.

Yet the device was shaking as if it had a few dozen watts through it.

Input Voltage becomes nearly Sawtooth, Triangle Wave - but is in-fact Square, H-Bridge Switched DC

I have a sensing Coil on one leg - Voltage on the Coil goes up showing higher Voltage at resonance as one would expect

An example of Resonance. I had posted this to the net, none were interested!

Chris

• Liked by
  • Vasile
  • ISLab

Hi Vasile - Yes to the Earth. Coils were Wired to Buck, yes.

My point there was more so, to show by a simple connection, Earth, that can change everything.

Earth is used when you have a 1/4 Wave length in Antenna's, it allows the 1/4 Wavelength Antenna to become a 1/2 Length, adding a 1/4 wave but not physically.

Being this thread is about Resonance, I thought this was one good example of how Q Factor can change dramatically just by adding a simple Earth Connection.

Chris

• Liked by
  • ISLab

Awesome! If that is a permanent magnet, the device looks like Bearden's MEG.

Did you feed the same signal in all the 4 MOSFETs gates?

Can this be a way to harness the resonance of the permanent magnet, much like Floyd Sweet did?

What type of core did you use?

Hi Cd - You're Right! it was, I pulled my very old replication down off the shelf to try this experiment.

The MEG was one device I did not enjoy replicating, it was awkward, and just difficult. Took me a while to get it going any good. Something JLN Said, but Tom Bearden and his Crew held back:

a MOV (Metal Oxide Varistor) is REQUIRED for getting the output datas measured above

- JLN Labs - The MEG Project

Note: No MOV was shown in the Pictures, only a supposedly "conditioned" Carbon Resistor... Well, talk about throwing a spanner in the works! Well, what does a MOV do? yes, its non linear, Conducts at a certain Voltage.

The Video explains how the MOV Works, but it can be a Switch also!!! Not for very high Currents normally.

What have we learned already? There is a Timing to this! And what's the Timing?

Chris

• Liked by
  • ISLab
Chris posted this 31 July 2017

Hi Cd - Yes.

Resonance is Quality Factor, where Output is Maximum and Input is at Minimum. Normally the Input will drop right down to an absolute Minimum at Maximum Output.

Q-Factor ( ω ) = ω × Maximum Energy Stored / Power Loss

or

Q-Factor ( ω ) = 2πfr × Energy Stored / Energy Loss

The Quality Factor is Resonance, always a higher Quality Factor is better.

Chris

• Liked by
  • ISLab
Chris posted this 31 July 2017

But our goal is to find the Q-Factor of the 3 coils: one input and 2 P.O.C. How can we apply this formula:

Q-Factor ( ω ) = 2πfr × Energy Stored / Energy Loss

or

Q-Factor = 2 πfr× L / R

to the 3 coils that must work together? Any ideas?

An excellent question Cd, I think there is a simple answer and a slightly more complex one.

First, I think we will always know when the Output is Maximum and Input is Minimum, as experimenters its our job to observe these things.

Second, at least one of the equations above are for singular Inductor Resonant Systems typically and we are not using, specifically, a singular Inductor Resonant System. As you point out! Our Systems are more than that. So we will need to expand on these equations to get the formula right.

I guess we may be able to take Q on each Coil and then add the totals, but this may not give us the correct answer.

Perhaps a problem for another day...

Chris

• Liked by
  • ISLab
Zanzal posted this 18 August 2017

Ferroresonance from Wikipedia:

Ferroresonance or nonlinear resonance is a type of resonance in electric circuits which occurs when a circuit containing a nonlinear inductance is fed from a source that has series capacitance, and the circuit is subjected to a disturbance such as opening of a switch.[1] It can cause overvoltages and overcurrents in an electrical power system and can pose a risk to transmission and distribution equipment and to operational personnel.

• Liked by
  • Chris
  • ISLab
alohalaoha posted this 18 August 2017

I. GREKOV. THE RESONANCE 1952 YEAR.

Page 80 - Original explanation of Parametric OU machine by professor Nikolai Dimitrievich Papaleksi.

At some moment output voltage got 15kV, breakdown had occured and all coils had been burnt. Radial speed attained 200 m/s.

Upper photo - coils frame , down variabile capacitor plates in star form.

p/s. Who want to make real device based on principle of natural parametric resonance, varying one of complex impendances, SHOULDN'T read official SHNOBELOPEDIA BY "SHNOBEL PRIZE SMARTIES" FROM THE "CHOSEN" TRIBE BY COSMIC DEMONS REPTILES OR KOSCHEYS.

or

HE WILL GET NOTHING BUT ONLY A FULL DARKNESS IN SPIRIT, MIND, AND BODY.

Matri-X dont sleep. it is REAL and WORK like super computer senter.

Aloha

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Chris
  • ISLab
alohalaoha posted this 18 August 2017

What are you trying to tell us alohalaoha with this drawing?

Volumetric 3D Scalar detektor. Try it. You need ferrite bars from old radio receivers, cylindrical type, enameled wire 1mm diameter, 30 windings for every bar and 6 light emmiting diodes - high brightness. Both coils should be wounded in partnered configuration. Mount all at very long dry wood stick to avoid coils capacitive coupling with your body..

p/s. Tested and Work.

Keep in mind that real configuration of longitudinal scalar field in some configuration of space in the close proximity of scalar coils is always very complex. 3D or maybe 4D, 5D till 7D, which is dimensional number of our planet. 7 FRACTAL SPACES-DIMENSIONS BUILT OUR PLANET AND ALL FORMS IN.

Aloha

• Liked by
  • Chris
  • ISLab
John12 posted this 09 September 2017

Hello Chis and team,

Great material here thanks to you all.  Has anyone used sympathetic vibration calculations to grab energy off those overtones to feedback for timing and self oscillation after started? Think of piano strings or bass creating amp in sound. I am good at ideas and research not so good at hands on but it's coming I have purchased a few things. In TPA florida had to pack up so nothing going to happen over next few weeks Not sure how to upload a pic but have a look at a device called a ferocell. It shows the flow of energy and one can see where to place coils geometrically to pickup the flows accurately in relation to coil magnetic field interactions. 

• Liked by
  • Chris
  • alohalaoha
Chris posted this 09 September 2017

Hi and Welcome John12 - Thanks! We have an excellent team of people!

Not as far as I know. We have used more of a Magnetic Resonance. My recent posts to the: The Rotary Transformer - Experiment One Thread may help a little more in what we are trying to share.

In the Editor, there is an Image Icon, looks a little like a Picture, that will prompt you for an image, upload it for you and insert it.

Please ask if you have questions!

Welcome!

Chris

• Liked by
  • ISLab
We're Light Years Ahead!
Members Online:

No one online at the moment

What is a Scalar:

In physics, scalars are physical quantities that are unaffected by changes to a vector space basis. Scalars are often accompanied by units of measurement, as in "10 cm". Examples of scalar quantities are mass, distance, charge, volume, time, speed, and the magnitude of physical vectors in general.

You need to forget the Non-Sense that some spout with out knowing the actual Definition of the word Scalar! Some people talk absolute Bull Sh*t!

The pressure P in the formula P = pgh, pgh is a scalar that tells you the amount of this squashing force per unit area in a fluid.

A Scalar, having both direction and magnitude, can be anything! The Magnetic Field, a Charge moving, yet some Numb Nuts think it means Magic Science!

Message from God:

Hello my children. This is Yahweh, the one true Lord. You have found creation's secret. Now share it peacefully with the world.

Ref: Message from God written inside the Human Genome

God be in my head, and in my thinking.

God be in my eyes, and in my looking.

God be in my mouth, and in my speaking.

Oh, God be in my heart, and in my understanding.

Your Support:

More than anything else, your contributions to this forum are most important! We are trying to actively get all visitors involved, but we do only have a few main contributors, which are very much appreciated! If you would like to see more pages with more detailed experiments and answers, perhaps a contribution of another type maybe possible:

PayPal De-Platformed me!

They REFUSE to tell me why!

We now use Wise!

Donate
Use E-Mail: Chris at aboveunity.com

The content I am sharing is not only unique, but is changing the world as we know it! Please Support Us!

Thank You So Much!

Weeks High Earners:
The great Nikola Tesla:

Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point of the universe. This idea is not novel. Men have been led to it long ago by instinct or reason. It has been expressed in many ways, and in many places, in the history of old and new. We find it in the delightful myth of Antheus, who drives power from the earth; we find it among the subtle speculations of one of your splendid mathematicians, and in many hints and statements of thinkers of the present time. Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic? If static, our hopes are in vain; if kinetic - and this we know it is for certain - then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature.

Experiments With Alternate Currents Of High Potential And High Frequency (February 1892).

Close