POC transformer with AMCC 630 core

• Topic Is Sticky
  • 2.9K Views
  • Last Post 16 January 2023
Forelle posted this 10 February 2020

Hi everyone

I start a new thread about POC transformer with AMCC640 core.

Coils:

L1 Violett has 36 turns with middle connection at 18 turns and wound above L2 which has 144 turns,both ccw,2mm Cu-magnetwire 

L3 blue has 144 turns cw wound.

Dutycycle 5% frequency 100hz,on L2 yellow  and L3 is a adjustable resistor,no lamps.In the next days i upload the circuit.

My next goal is to prolong the sawtooth.Have a good day.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
ISLab posted this 16 January 2023

This source (https://dxtmagnetics.com/product-category/78-mnzn-2300-i/metglas-2605sa1/) is at least 40% cheaper than mouser.com, although it does not have all sizes in stock.

Chris posted this 27 November 2020

Hey Oliver,

Ok cool, I recommend now to focus on the Sawtooth Waveform, find Resonance.

Best wishes,

Chris

Forelle posted this 26 November 2020

Hi Chris I think i have it like you showed,but i will check it onesmore.

Chris posted this 26 November 2020

Hey Oliver,

Yes Polarity is important. Worth reading the thread: Reactive at Resonance - The Geometry of Asymmetry!

Use the Right Hand Grip Rule:

• Secondary must oppose Input!
  • Tertiary must Oppose Secondary!
  • Tertiary will then Assist Input.

The Diodes on the Ends of the Coils determine the Polarity:

By Coiling the Wires into Coils, the Diodes will show the Current Flows. Again use the Right Hand Grip Rule:

Use your fingers to point in the Direction of the Current, and Thumbs must oppose. This way you will maximise your Sawtooth Waveform. Remember, Reactive at Resonance! Means you use NO Input Current!

Best wishes,

Chris

Forelle posted this 26 November 2020

Hi Chris You said „look that your Polarity is Right“ ,if i have the Waveform i showed then it must be right or not? Actually i have tried all configurations.

Chris posted this 25 November 2020

Hey Oliver,

Ok Cool! Please keep us posted!

Focus on the Sawtooth Waveform, make sure your polarity is right and find Coil Resonance, which will be a multiple of the Coil Length. Longer Length Coils, mean Lower Frequency of Operation.

Best wishes,

Chris

Forelle posted this 25 November 2020

Hi Chris I did not do much in the last month but now i have more time. I have difficulties to increase the Output.10 Watts in and 10mW out.I have tried many different loads frequencies and dutycycles but not a major difference.Yesterday i started a new configuration like Loz has.I have 2 Amcc630 Cores side by side (stacked),we will see what difference it will make.If not much i go back to a device were i allready had good Performance. Nice day.

Chris posted this 25 November 2020

Hey Oliver,

Done, the url name is still the same, that cant be changed unless we make a new thread, but the Thread Heading Name is now changed.

How's experiments going? Have you got the Sawtooth Waveform more Linear? Have you managed to increase the Amplitude?

Let me know, would be very interested in seeing progress!

Best wishes,

Chris

• Liked by
  • Vidura
  • Augenblick
Forelle posted this 25 November 2020

Hello Chris 

Please can you change the Name of the thread in 

"POC transformer with AMCC 630 core"

I saw that i have written AMCC 640 and this core does not exist.You can also delete this last post if you want.Thank you and have a good day.

Oliver.

Chris posted this 12 February 2020

Hey Oliver,

Don't apologise, its easy fixed. we are all here to help others where we can. wink

Best wishes,

Chris

Forelle posted this 12 February 2020

Hi Vidura You are right,sorry to all for my mistakes,in reallity i have it right but when i changed the coils from between drain and+ to between source and- i did not take the Time to go trough it 😊 Thanks for telling.

Vidura posted this 12 February 2020

Hey Forelle The driver IC should be grounded on the MOSFETs source ? Vidura

Forelle posted this 11 February 2020

Hi Chris

An other question,do you know is there a difference if the gap of the core is on both sides ?Normaly one side is closed and the other has a gap.The magnetfields are then different.

Have a good day

Forelle posted this 11 February 2020

Hi everyone,

here is the circuit of the switch,nothing special,only the signal input is isolated with a Silicon Labs Si8235ab 5v input from the SG and extra 12V battery on the Mosfetside.I dont know why it is such a bad quality,here are the parts:

22R gateresistor

1K discharge 

Irfp260N Mosfet

7x UF5408 for each coil

0-14 Ohm adjustable powerresistors

Please ask if something is not clear .

Chris posted this 10 February 2020

Hey Oliver,

Learn as much as you can with this experiment, then take little steps to improve the wave-forms. It wont be long before you see really good output!

Remember, the Primary and one secondary is equivalent to a transformer, so this part should be very efficient, around 80% or so. The rest is there to increase efficiency, to push past the Unity Boundary.

80% x 2 is 160% or COP = 1.6 which is the common success rate for those that make initial step into AU territory. E.G Here.

Read between the lines on that one, there is more meaning there!

Best Wishes,

Chris

I forget to mention to prolong the sawtooth wave ,one way is to make a gap between the cores,at the moment i dont have one. Thanks

Hi Chris and all, I am glad that you are satisfied so far with my device.I thought that the efficiency would be maybe better if the L1 is wound on the first Layer with a middle connection and not on top of L2. As load i have adjustable resistors and it Looks like a Short circuit is the most efficient,but than i have of course Zero Volt.I am at the beginning to know how the device is behaving.(sometime it screams sometime it laughs 😜) The rest of the missing information comes soon. p.s. since a year i spend around €10 ,- every month to aboveunity ,not much but better than nothing. Have a good day Oliver

Chris posted this 10 February 2020

Hey Oliver,

EXCELLENT WORK! Well done my friend! If I could give you 10 thumbs I would!

Please remember, all of us here can help, some have more experience than others, but please ask if you need!

You should be so proud! First go, you got the waveform! Excellent Job! 

Some things that may help,

• Length of the Coil vs Magnetic Field Strength.
  • Frequency and Duty Cycle.
  • Try different loads. Different resistive values.
  • Yes, you are right, aim toward maximising the Wave Amplitudes for least Input. In turn this extends the Time of the Output Period.
  • Please publish the circuit your'e using, so others can help more.
  • Please ask, we, I am happy to help! We are one big happy family here!
  • Don't forget about the PayPal Donate Buttons? A financial donation from time t time to help never goes a miss!

I can help you with the Member Only Optional PayPal Support Button if you need? Let me know!

I am so pleased your'e here with us, working for the future like us!

Best wishes,

Chris

We're Light Years Ahead!
Members Online:

No one online at the moment

What is a Scalar:

In physics, scalars are physical quantities that are unaffected by changes to a vector space basis. Scalars are often accompanied by units of measurement, as in "10 cm". Examples of scalar quantities are mass, distance, charge, volume, time, speed, and the magnitude of physical vectors in general.

You need to forget the Non-Sense that some spout with out knowing the actual Definition of the word Scalar! Some people talk absolute Bull Sh*t!

The pressure P in the formula P = pgh, pgh is a scalar that tells you the amount of this squashing force per unit area in a fluid.

A Scalar, having both direction and magnitude, can be anything! The Magnetic Field, a Charge moving, yet some Numb Nuts think it means Magic Science!

Message from God:

Hello my children. This is Yahweh, the one true Lord. You have found creation's secret. Now share it peacefully with the world.

Ref: Message from God written inside the Human Genome

God be in my head, and in my thinking.

God be in my eyes, and in my looking.

God be in my mouth, and in my speaking.

Oh, God be in my heart, and in my understanding.

Your Support:

More than anything else, your contributions to this forum are most important! We are trying to actively get all visitors involved, but we do only have a few main contributors, which are very much appreciated! If you would like to see more pages with more detailed experiments and answers, perhaps a contribution of another type maybe possible:

PayPal De-Platformed me!

They REFUSE to tell me why!

We now use Wise!

Donate
Use E-Mail: Chris at aboveunity.com

The content I am sharing is not only unique, but is changing the world as we know it! Please Support Us!

Thank You So Much!

Weeks High Earners:
The great Nikola Tesla:

Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point of the universe. This idea is not novel. Men have been led to it long ago by instinct or reason. It has been expressed in many ways, and in many places, in the history of old and new. We find it in the delightful myth of Antheus, who drives power from the earth; we find it among the subtle speculations of one of your splendid mathematicians, and in many hints and statements of thinkers of the present time. Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic? If static, our hopes are in vain; if kinetic - and this we know it is for certain - then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature.

Experiments With Alternate Currents Of High Potential And High Frequency (February 1892).

Close